- One single action revolver (2 revolvers recommended), .32 caliber minimum with appropriate leather holster(s). Popular calibers are 32 H&R (Harrington & Richardson) Magnum, 32 S&W (Smith & Wesson), 32 S&W Long, 32-20, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 38-40, 41 Magnum, 44 Special, 44 Magnum, 44-40, and 45 Colt.
- One lever action rifle in pistol caliber, .32 caliber minimum.
- One shotgun which can be either a side by side without auto ejectors or a pump/lever action with exposed hammer, 20, 16, or 12 gauge.
- Minimum ammo requirements (number of rounds for the main match only) – 50+ Pistol – 50+ Rifle – 25+ Shotgun
- Only unplated lead bullets without gas checks not to exceed 1000f/s for pistol and 1400f/s for rifle will be allowed. Black powder or black powder substitutes as well as smokeless powder maybe used.
- Extra ammunition is recommended for the main match and required for the side shoots that will be held.
CLOTHING AND ACCOUTERMENTS
Cowboy Action Shooting TM is a combination of historical reenactment and Saturday morning at the matinee. Participants may choose the style of costume they wish to wear, but all clothing must be typical of the late 19th century, a B-western movie, or Western television series.
SASS puts a great deal of emphasis on costuming because it adds so much to the friendly, fraternal feeling we encourage in our competitors.
All shooters must be in costume, and we encourage invited guests and family also to be costumed. Shooters must remain in costume at all match events, award ceremonies, dances, etcetera.
ALL clothing and equipment MUST be worn appropriately, how it was intended and how it would have been worn in the OLD WEST or as seen on B-Western movies and television.
For more information contact:
John Brummett - 269-651-5197
Mike Good - 269-483-2454